Thursday, August 16, 2012

Korea Haul

Finally felt like putting up a post regarding what I bought in Korea.

an iphone accessory (you plug it into the earphone hole)
bought this for my friend's bday
a small mirror from artbox

it was super hot in Korea
needed something to cool myself off
anyway, this is a jetoy fan (●´∀`●)
handcream from etude house

for some reason the cream is all dried up...
fuck this
still using it though cuz the moneyy (´∩`。)
never buying stuff from etude house again omfg

I actually got this for free from my cousin. The person who made it (or participated in the making process) gave her one for me when she told him/her that I was coming again to Korea. Her friend is so nice hehe

Apparently the color pencils are made out of paper, so the down side of these pencils is that they're quite fragile.

pastel-colored chain bracelet
it was really pretty
I couldn't resist taking my wallet out

the downside is that the chains get tangled a lot
and I can't really untangle them
but oh well
left to right:
동급생 (Classmate) - 히가시노 게이고 (Keigo Higashino)
어둠의 저편 (After Dark) - 무라카미 하루키 (Haruki Murakami)
방과 후 (Afterschool) - 히가시노 게이고 (Keigo Higashino)
Just recently finished 동급생 - I really enjoyed it mainly because I could relate to it. It was written from the view of a high schooler, and it hasn't been too long since I graduated from high school. Plus, it's been quite a while since I read a book set in a high school.

I noticed that there were tons more books by Haruki Murakami translated in Korean than there are in English. Really wanted to buy all Murakami books in the bookstore (that weren't translated in English) to be honest, but I stopped myself and just bought one. I've yet to read 어둠의 저편. 

Currently reading 방과 후. It's also set in a high school like 동급생, but it was written from the view of a teacher. So far it's a little boring, but I'm gonna trust in Higashino Keigo and continue reading.

kay no need to write out title and author
 I finished this while I was still in Korea, so I don't have the book with me right now - my dad suggested lending it to him so that he could read it.

The book is good - the only problem I had with it was the cover. After I got into the scary part of the book, I started to get a little scared by the eye - I felt like it was glaring at me regardless of what angle I was looking at the book. Even when I was searching up the book online just now, I was a little startled by the cover.

My mom then asked me why I even bought the book but then I didn't know that the eye would freak me out once I started reading the book omfg

I wonder how my dad would think of the book

Anyway, after finishing two books by Higashino Keigo, I think it's safe to say that I like his books, and I'm looking forward to reading more books written by him.

diary stickers

headbands ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
they're so cute
I wanted to buy more but my mom wouldn't let me boohoo


Another headband, but this one's interesting - you can freely bend its shape to fit on your head. According to the shop owner, the first pic is how you put on the hairband.

My mom made fun of me and said it was weird (´_`。) So I tried it on differently, as shown in the second pic. Not sure which do is better, but since my mom kinda lowered my self-esteem with the first do, I think I will go with the second one. *sniff*

Special thanks to my cousin for defending me when my mom made fun of me ♡^▽^♡

nail art sticker :)
gonna try this sometime



A neon-colored jacket ( ´ ▽ ` ) It was one of those rare moments when I actually found something that I had to buy on the spot. The color was really pretty, plus, all those tiny holes and the thinness of the jacket makes it perfect for a rainy/cool day.

I had a disagreement with my mom regarding this jacket, but she can't say anything because I bought it with my own money (HAH, so SHUSH).


Again, once I saw these two pieces of clothing, I had to buy them on the spot as well. The shirt was just way too cute to resist (●´∀`●)


and I had actually wanted a pair of shorts like this one - mint-colored, goes up all the way to your hips, and 4 buttons in a straight line (●´∀`●)

The downside of the shorts is that it's pretty tight, so whenever I eat I have to open up a couple of buttons so that I won't have any digestive problems later. Plus, my lower back itches a lot whenever I wear it. But I still love the shorts nevertheless (✿ ♥‿♥)

full body shot


And that's it for my haul from Korea! Sorry for the long post, but at least it wasn't too wordy, right? ^_^ 

2 comments:

  1. yay you bought nail stickers :) and i have those wire headbands and mint shorts as well mwahaha~ how'd you cover ur face with rilakumma, i rikeee ittt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup
      haha yeahh i know i was with you when you bought them i think :>
      and there's an amazing thing called photoshop

      Delete