Friday, August 24, 2012

Reply 1997: Thoughts so far

*Just a warning before any Reply 1997 fans read this - I've watched up to ep 10, and I will talk about the most recently aired eps. So if you don't want spoilers, get off my blog right now. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.*


I used to ship these two, but now, nope - Yoon Jae and Shi Won all~the way. I don't know how I didn't even consider the possibility that Tae Woong wasn't looking at Shi Won as Shi Won herself, but more as Song Joo, her dead sister. It kind of saddened me when Shi Won asked him why he liked her - then she proceeded to answer the question by saying, "Because I remind you of Song Joo unnie?"

And at that moment, I was like OHMYGOD. Σ(-`Д´-ノ;)ノ Okay even if Tae Woong did reassure her that that was only in the beginning, and now he likes Shi Won for being Shi Won, I still ended up abandoning the ship. Tae Woong seems to want to move on with his life, but I'm sorry - it just doesn't seem like he's forgotten Song Joo when the next girl he picks up is her younger sister. Dude, I like you, but since you didn't fall in love with her because she was Shi Won, but more like she resembled Song Joo, you're out. Just...get away from Shi Won please. Pick on someone who you can truly love for being the person herself.


Yoon Jae deserves Shi Won a lot more, and Shi Won deserves Yoon Jae a lot more, because Yoon Jae cares that much for the girl, plus he fell in love with her because Shi Won was Shi Won, and not some other girl. While he was in love with her, he neglected any other girl from coming into his heart, while his bro had a bit of an issue erasing Song Joo from his. So yes, Yoon Jae x Shi Won.

I just feel sorry for Yoon Jae because he's very unhappy about the current situation between Shi Won and Tae Woong, and he can't do anything but neglect Shi Won. Whenever he does, my heart sinks - for both of them. Yoon Jae probably doesn't want to see her at all, whereas Shi Won is not sure why he's treating her so coldly. Although we haven't seen Shi Won treat Yoon Jae nicely that often, it's easy to tell that Yoon Jae is a very special friend to her, and losing him would be saddening.

Annnd according to the ep 11 - 12 preview, I think I'm in for quite a treat~. Yoon Jae confessing to Shi Won, Shi Won crying over it, then her confronting Tae Woong about something...I think it's time for the Yoon Jae x Shi Won ship to officially sail.


I do feel sorry for Jun Hee, I really do - but I honestly think Jun Hee is way too good for Yoon Jae. Jun Hee deserves someone better. Yoon Jae is a nice guy, but he can be rather cold at times.

I'm glad Jun Hee finally told Yoon Jae about his feelings for him - the "Jun-Hee-likes-Shi-Won-too" misunderstanding has finally been cleared up. I'm a little disappointed that Yoon Jae just took it as a joke and just laughed it off...can he better confront Jun Hee's feelings for him later in the future then? I know it would be shocking for your best friend to suddenly confess his feelings for you, but...don't just laugh it off, acknowledge his feelings, and say your honest thoughts on them. Oh, and please don't forget to be nice.


Overall, Reply 1997 has been quite enjoyable (although the Busan dialect is hard to understand at times), and I'm glad that I have something to look forward to on Wednesday mornings haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment