Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bridal Mask: Episode 18 - Comments

Epic. Just, epic.


The episode opens up with....Shun Ji heading to the hotel room Mok Dan is (supposed to be) in with a basket of flowers. That is just downright creepy. What makes it worse is that although he's trying to suppress himself from doing so, a smile keeps appearing on his face. Ugh. So. CREEPY. URGH.


Mok Dan betrayed my expectations. BOOOO.  ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ I thought she would at least scream at him for wearing the mask or something but nooo, no more suspicions now. Since Kang To's the one under the mask, he's definitely Young Master. I'll let her off, since she remembers the countless times Kang To asked her to look at him, and asked whether she recognized him or not, and now realizing the meaning behind those moments.


When the guy rests his head on the girl's thighs, it's usually supposed to be a romantic moment, but in Bridal Mask, nooot really.


ooooh Joo Won's manly hands


He finally got the girl. YES! ( ^∇^)



Annnnnd we have the kiss scene.

I wasn't too spazzy/excited about this scene because the preview had already spoiled it.  And plus, I didn't expect this love line to work out this easily. Thought that Mok Dan would go through a bit more confusion before accepting Lee Kang To as Young Master...I guess the writers decided to speed up the pace of the development of the love line.



ARGH. It's Gye Soon. I don't like her. Grr. Thank god Seon Hwa is growing suspicious of the girl. And thank god Shunji slapped her hard. That's probably the only good thing Shunji's done in this episode. Haha.

And argh Shunji PLEASE leave Seon Hwa alone. Gah. The girl was obviously scared to see him, plus I don't think she's capable of rejecting his plea to help him flat since she was fond of him, and I think she still is. This isn't good. Manipulative Shunji is in no way good.


Creepy Shunji once again. It's scary how he's all pleading and worried when he's talking about Mok Dan, but as soon as Leader Jo says that Bridal Mask and the comrades aren't stupid to appear at the execution place, Shunji just smiles like he's already won everything in life...in a evil way.


Shunji: Lee Kang To isn't here? When Mok Dan has disappeared?

Can I just say that there is a possibility that Kang To actually might not know that Mok Dan has disappeared. You don't need to immediately grow suspicious of the guy.


Do I see a slight smirk on his face? Saying, "I'm injured but it doesn't matter, I've got the girl now muhaha"?


Kang To manages to explain to Mok Dan how he came to wear the mask. Shooting his hyung who was trying to avenge their mother's death, then realizing that his hyung was actually Gaksital...etc. And then he confesses that even if he's done avenging his father's death, he believes that he won't be able to take the mask off because he can't stand to see everyone else suffering.

So I guess Kang To has the mindset of a real hero now?

And let's just appreciate the fact that Kang To has changed his hair style back to the one he used to have in the beginning. Incredibly attractive.  (✿ ♥‿♥) Not that he looks ugly with his hair pushed back with gel, but I appreciate this hairstyle more. 


YES. I think this is the moment everyone has been waiting for. The independence people know that Kang To = Gaksital. Fuck yes. Now it's gonna be a lot easier for Kang To to work as Gaksital.



I loved how Shunji pissed Rie off by ignoring her orders and disrespecting her. I was curious as well along with Rie as to why Shunji wasn't the least bit scared of what Rie could do if he was disrespectful to her, and we get the answer here. Shunji only joined Kishokai for the sake of catching Gaksital, and not for the sake of wanting power. Then Rie strikes back by saying his father is one ambitious man, and if Shunji doesn't shut up, Taro wouldn't be in a very good position. Damn. I'm sure Shunji doesn't want to lose another family member.



I was feeling pretty anxious every time Mok Dan had to lie, because to be honest, she's not a very good liar. But Shunji manages to fall for her lies because Mok Dan does exactly what he wants her to do: to ask for Shunji's protection rather than Gaksital's.

Oh lord but I was still disgusted when Shunji leaned forward to hug her. Urgh urgh urgh. Sooo creepy Shunji, sooooo creepy. *shudder*

Joo Won's face and hand appreciation screenshot

 

Oh great. More evil powerful people.



Lol this was cute. 


Oh shit shit shit. Ueno Hideki FINALLY ARRIVES IN KYUNG SEONG. OH JOY. Shit is gonna go down.

.・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.


My thoughts at the time: 

Oh god. You're actually going. Oh noooo. 




THIS. MOMENT. WAS. JUST. SO. FUCKING. TEARJERKING. It first started off with Leader Jo tearing his outer clothes off to reveal his white clothes underneath and shouting, "Comrade Damsari! I'll go with you!" Then Dong Yeon joins in - I knew this woman had something in her! Then others join in, including the young rebel of the village. They have no weapons or even measurable martial arts skills, but they just run in there and fight about. Regardless of what the Japanese do, there are Joseon people out there who are not willing to be stomped on by them. Oh my god. This was probably one of the most beautiful moments of Bridal Mask that brought tears to my eyes. 




Oh god. Shunji, you bastard. 

I just hope that Dong Yeon survives, but then again Shunji aimed right at her heart. Argh! Must we lose such a heart-warming character?! 

The way Leader Jo just stares hard at Shunji made me think he would do something - like jump on Shunji or something. But unfortunately he is brought down to his knees when he's hit on the back of his neck. 




And Gaksital appears! But as soon as he cuts the rope that is about to choke Damsari to death, he's shot in the leg by Shunji, and surrounded by imperial officers. I was thinking, Oh shit oh shit oh shit, until Gaksital turned around and...oh. It's not Kang To. What?! 




The moment he opened his shirt to reveal the dynamites on his body, I realized that this was in fact part of the comrades' plan. Oh shit oh shit. He's gonna sacrifice himself?! Oh shit. NOOO. I know you guys are determined to die for the independence and Gaksital BUT STILL! I don't think I can handle any more of them dying. UGH UGH UGH. OMG.


And the guy explodes. OTL. And that's how episode 18 ends...



Epic episode. Bridal Mask writers are on fire with episodes 17 and 18. They've managed to give us satisfying cliffhangers that would keep us addicted to the show enough for the next episode, scheduled to air on next Wednesday. 


Good thing I blocked that Bridal Mask fan page from appearing on my FB news feed. (The admin has got to stop posting spoilers. Ugh) With absolutely no spoilers for me this time (except for the official preview), I was able to enjoy the episode to my fullest. For the next episode, I won't have to worry about spoilers at all as I will watch it on TV in Korea (^_^)hehe


One more screenshot of the comrade in honor of his sacrifice. Boo hoo. And he kinda looked good in the Gaksital look too.

No comments:

Post a Comment