Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bridal Mask: Thoughts so far + Ep 24 Highlights

Thoughts so far

The Kang To x Mok Dan shipping



I've been wondering for quite a while why I could not get to actually like Kang To x Mok Dan. But now I know why, partly in thanks to a tumblr user's answer to an anon q regarding the pair.

I can't take these two seriously. Sure, they liked each other when they were kids, but they must've changed a lot throughout all those years - do they like each other when they're who they are right now, and not when they were kids? Plus, their relationship developed so easily like it was way too good to be true. Kang To takes off the mask --> Mok Dan who hated on Lee Kang To all the time, immediately accepts him and becomes his lover. What. the. hell. Like I've said before in a previous BM post, I think the writers purposely sped up the development of their love line. Most likely because their love line wasn't the most important thing in the drama, and that they had to move the drama's focus onto another factor of the plotline - which I think is the independence.


And plus, whenever I see these two together, they just look so sloppy, considering that they've got a lot of secrets to deal with. Take for example, when they hold hands and smile at each other on public transport - JFC, Kang To, not everyone knows you're actually a nationalistic Joseon man doing good deeds under a bridal mask, and Mok Dan, I think everyone knows you were practically the #1 hater of Lee Kang To. Please, please, please do lovey dovey stuff in private places, and not in public if you guys don't want to shorten your life spans?

And I really don't find them cute whenever they have their moments. Everyone's like, "Kyaaa Kang Dan, my favorite couple" "my OTP" etc, but I'm just like..."Heh...that's...great...hah." And no I'm not jealous, but yeah, the conclusion is, whenever there are KangDan moments (ugh even just saying their OTP name makes me cringe), I try really hard not to cringe, but I can't help it. Maybe it's mostly because their scenes together are more cheesy rather than cute.

Shunji = a possible new favorite character?


As much as hateful and crazy he is, I find him very, very intriguing. I can't really put into words why I like the guy, but he's definitely more interesting than Kang To is right now. I used to like Kang To when he himself was a crazy bastard, but now that he's a complete good guy with no more wavering in whether he's a hero or not, I find Kang To incredibly boring. I do like him a lot when he's doing his Gaksital duties though - but only when he's Gaksital. When he's just Lee Kang To, he's just...alright. Not too bad, but not too good either. While Shunji on the other hand just amuses me a lot.

Don't assume I'm a crazy psychopath like he is though - I of course would hate on such a character if he actually existed in my life. But then again, he's just a character in a drama, and since he's doing such a brilliant job at being a villain - might as well like him, right?

But sadly, the quality of his character shoots down whenever Mok Dan is involved though. His tendency to invade her private space and be all touchy...what's with him and his obsessive love for skinship?! Plus he's so creepy whenever he's with Mok Dan...oh god.

Yeah, besides the creepiness, he's tolerable. Haha.

Ep 24 Highlights

Deuk Soo's expression = priceless.
I'm glad you finally met Gaksital without the mask on hehe
As much as I dislike this guy
I was kinda rooting for him when he was arguing against Taro
yes yes don't use Joseon people for the Japanese army
the independence needs them~
When he said "You can come to me, I can take you in"
I was both creeped out and squealing inside my heart
like why in the world was I fidgeting in uncontrollable joy
it's supposed to be a insult and not romantic in any way
I think it's because I ship these two

lowlight of this scene: Rie lost this verbal showdown OTL

Kakawa's actually pretty good-looking hohoho
I feel sorry for him because he always loses Kang To while stalking him
and eventually gets a painful kick from Shunji
When Reporter Song called Kang To "comrade"
awwwwwwwww (●´∀`●)
and when Dong Jin smiled
awwwwwwwww (●´∀`●)
Kang To is accepted as a trustworthy comrade yay
This shouldn't be a highlight, this really shouldn't
it was actually sad for goodness's sake
but I was so proud of Tamao for helping the independence though
although it was really a shame that he didn't have the determination and courage to live on
My heart sank when the count cried his son's name *le sigh*
I actually liked how the count seemed to actually love his son
while on the other hand the countess acted like a bitch
ugh I hate her I hate her
I loved this scene I absolutely loved this scene to DEATH.
This is such an epic showdown omfg
I am so looking forward to how the comrades do against Katsuyama and Rie
I really do hope the comrades kick their asses though
because they just look too badass here to lose
And oh yes, another showdown between Kinpei and Gaksital.
I'm expecting this one to be epic as well.
I also hope that Gaksital can put up a better fight than he did last time.
Even better, why don't you pwn Kinpei for once

The Bridal Mask writers had me very pleased with episode 24  - I hope they do a good job with the rest of the remaining episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment