Saturday, May 19, 2012

A long, but fun Saturday

So today I began my day with brunch at the UCC Coffee shop with my mom. I had a hamburger with coke, and Mom had a waffle sandwich set with a cup of coffee. Then we set off for Causeway Bay, to buy my prom dress. But before then, I wanted to buy a copy of INFINITE's 3rd mini, so my mom sent me off on a joyful trip to the Hanchasa store, where I (almost) always buy KPOP albums. I was really hoping that the INFINITE album was in stock, because I went to the store on Thursday and they said the album will come in on Friday. And so I thought if I came on Saturday, I will be able to get my own copy.

And sadly, that was not the case. Apparently, all copies of the mini-album were completely sold out.


I seem to have underestimated INFINITE's popularity in Hong Kong. Either that, or the store only ordered one or two copies that week. I don't know. But I ended up pre-ordering the album, because I didn't want to have to come again next week to find that the album was sold out again.

And then I met up with my mom again, and started looking around for dresses. We went by quite a lot of stores, but none of the stores had dresses that caught my eye. Then we headed on over to Island Beverly. Although it was already 1 PM by then, most of the clothes were closed. We had to walk around quite a bit in the building, until more stores opened. But the store that actually caught my eye was closed, and didn't open until 2 PM. But it was worth the wait, because I got to buy my dress :) There were two colors of the dress, white and black, but I wanted a dark blue one, so I ordered it. I'm going to have to go on Tuesday again to try it on, and see what adjustments must be made for the dress to perfectly fit me, then again on Thursday to actually get the dress. Woohoo~I finally got a dress! I still have the shoes + purse to worry about, but that will come later.

Afterwards, I chilled in Starbucks with my mom. I really needed the chilling time, because I had endured a stomachache for the last 2 hours, and my ankles were kind of aching from the long walk.

Mom had a caramel cheesecake with a cup of coffee <- again
And I had a strawberry and cream frappucino. Very nice :>
Then my mom left after my friend Jun Ah texted me saying that she was in Times Square. I texted her to come to Starbucks. So we met up there, and talked for like...an hour. Then we left the shop because we felt bad for staying there for too long without buying anything (I did have that frappucino, but the Starbucks ppl cleared them away), especially when a mother holding a baby came to ask us if we were waiting for food or drinks to come out.

We headed on over to HMV because Jun Ah wanted to buy a Japanese album. And there I had to find a few copies of INFINITE's 3rd mini in stock. I wanted to buy one sooo badly, but I stopped my raging temptation to do so. Ugh, only if I had not pre-ordered at Hanchasa, I would've so bought that on the spot T^T I am dying for a copy! Ugh! Jun Ah also couldn't find the album we wanted, so we just looked around the store, and pointed at movies and talked about them.

Then we headed on over to Windsor House to eat some dinnah~. Jun Ah suggested Japanese food, so we had some yummy yakiniku. Here are the pics of us grilling meat by ourselves for the first time! Yay!

yay for yakiniku!
junah is enjoying the yakiniku om nom nom
me having too much fun grilling meat
But they didn't give us enough to completely fill our stomachs > < And it was too expensive to order another plate of yakiniku. So Jun Ah paid for the meal (we had a "deal" - I pay for the movie tickets, Jun Ah pays for the meal :>), and we set off to find another restaurant to eat in. We next headed on over to Ajisen Ramen for some ramen and dumplings.

it's apparently supposed to be really spicy, but we didn't think it was at all.

After our second dinner, we chilled for a while, then headed on over to the cinema to watch Dark Shadows. Jun Ah got herself a bottle of water and paper bag full of caramel popcorn, and I got myself a chocolate churro and lemon tea. Dark Shadows was actually really good, contrary to its horrible ratings. It had an interesting storyline, and some good humor.

After the movie, we said bye and now here I am, at home.

And I forgot to mention that I finally bought a pair of the hello kitty glasses! I had really wanted them for quite a while. I got them at a small shop in Laforet at Causeway Bay.

There were a lot of different colors you could choose from, but I thought this was the cutest one. :>
and this is me actually wearing them ^_^
Alright, I'm done for today. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment