Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How I spent my 18th bday

I started the morning of my 18th bday with breakfast at Starbucks with my mom. I had a blueberry scone with an iced mocha, and mom had a sandwich with this new summer drink Starbucks just released today. (Well technically yesterday since it's past midnight here already but whatever)

this is one of the two new drinks
i forgot what its name is
but it's basically green tea with red bean
not bad, not bad.

and apparently starbucks is also selling miniature frappuccino earphone jack plug stoppers for iphones
so my mom kindly let me use her money to buy a set of these
because she knows how much i love starbucks

After a small breakfast, we headed to the gym. Since my mom is an active member at the gym, she helped me out by teaching me how to use some of the cardio machines, and all of the weight training machines. It felt really nice to work out for a long amount of time; I felt relaxed and disconnected from the real world. And plus, the view from the gym is pretty good too, so that makes you even more relaxed and at ease. But since I don't exercise regularly, all that cardio (50 min) and weight training (~15 min) made me really sleepy, but my mom forced me to do some cooling down with stretching exercises I kinda failed at executing well. After spending about 2 hours there, we finally took a refreshing shower. My mom also showed me the sauna, and told me I should spend a bit of time in there after a shower. Then she also showed me the area where you blow-dry your hair, plaster yourself with lotion, brush your hair, etc etc. Then we ate lunch there at the gym, which was spaghetti. Om nom nom.


Then, we went home and rested for a while before heading back out to Causeway Bay. We first went to Sogo to shop for my work-out clothes (pictured below):

kinda like leggings
but leggings that are appropriate for exercise
and not for casual wear
and now the shorts to wear on top of the leggings
so pretty
and the shirt
this set of work-out clothes was actually exactly the same as what the mannequin was wearing
it was too pretty
had to get the exact same set
And the reason why I needed work-out clothes was because: "If you wear pretty clothes to the gym, then you will be motivated to work harder!" and "It's too embarrassing to wear your high school's PE clothes to the gym." as said by my mom.

Then afterwards, we just went shopping for casual clothes in other shops in Sogo. The shops that caught my eye were mostly Japanese brands. I tried out a few outfits that caught my eye, but in the end I only bought one, which was from Dip Drops:

such a cute bag <3
the shirt
was looking for sth like this
it's so thin
so even though they're long sleeves it's still suitable for the summer

Then we headed towards Times Square, and on the way, we stopped by Forever 21. My feet were aching so bad because it was my first time trying on this pair of wedges, so I didn't want to bother exploring the entire 4-story-building. There were a lot of clothes that caught my mom's eye though. So my mom bought a one piece dress, which I didn't take a picture of, so yeah, moving on~

We were so hungry and tired by the time we got to Times Square, that we had to find a place to eat first. So we just ate in a small Chinese restaurant - I got wonton noodles with shrimp dumplings, and not sure of what the names are for what my mom got.

Then we went to Page One in Times Square, and I got a Non-No magazine. Because after that Japanese fashion brand shopping, I realized that I had a thing for Japanese clothes, so I decided to buy a Japanese fashion magazine. I haven't really started reading it yet though. But here's what the cover of the 2012 July issue of Non-No looks like:


After that, I went down to Citysuper while mom went off to look for some pretty shoes. It took me quite a while to decide on one, but I bought a new iPhone case, so that my starbucks earphone jack plug stopper would actually fit into my iPhone. The last case I had was a Stitch design case that was about 2 times the size of an iPhone 4, and so I couldn't really fit the earphone jack plug stopper. Anyway, here's what my iPhone looks like now:









And now I'm at home, watching 3 animes - Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Ouran High School Host Club, Death Note, and a tv show, Big Bang Theory, at the same time. Ahh~this is paradise.

And so that's how I spent my 18th birthday. Yay. Okay. Adios.

3 comments: